Resource Catalog Search Results
|New Search||Back to previous|
1 resource found and displayed.
|Resource:||Video Disk (DVD1183) Mission of Jesus, The: (14) Triumph of God's Kingdom in a World of Chaos|
|Author:||Vander Laan, Ray|
|Vendor:||Christian Book Distributors|
|Subjects:||05-session Study; Acts; Adult Ministry; Adult Series; Ascension; Bible Lands & Times; Bible Story; Crucifixion; Easter/Lent; Gospels; History; Holy Land/Israel; Jesus' life/ministry; Judaism; Lent/Easter; Mark; Miracles; New Testament; Pentecost|
|Description:||Filmed in the Holy Land and Italy, this 14th volume in the Ray Vander Laan series "That The World Many Know" will deepen your understandg of Jesus' passionate revelation to a broken world God longs to redeem. Discover how Jesus triumphantly made God's presence known on Earth, and how he asks you to do the same --bringing God's shalom to the chaos of others. The five sessions are
1) Capernaum: Jesus Binds The Evil One - Filmed in the ruins of the present day town of Capernaum on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, we hear the stories of Jesus walking on water and calming the wind and waves.
2) Decapolis: The Other Side-Jesus And The Man From The Tombs -Unlike the Roman culture, which valued prosperity, or the humanism of the Hellenistic culture, Judaism valued the revelation of God through the Torah. The new revelation of Jesus was to go to the pagans to show them a better way. As we hear the miracle of Jesus curing the demon possessed man who lived in the caves , we are reminded that Jesus calls us to go "to the other side" and touch those who are "unclean" to bring the Good News to the world.
3) Crucifixion: The Coronation of a King - As we stand in the forum of Rome, Vander Laan describes the Roman "triumph" or procession. The crucifixion story of Jesus from the gospel of Mark is then compared to this Roman procession which culminated in Caesar being proclaimed God. Vivid dramatizations are included in the retelling of both "triumph processions."
4) Ascension: The King Takes His Throne - As we visit an ancient Roman tomb in Israel, Jesus Resurrection is described as a new creation that has begun and we are to live as if eternity began on that first Easter Day because there is a new world order. The 40 days after the Resurrection, Jesus taught his disciples to go and make disciples of the whole world and make known to the ends of the earth that Jesus is now King of the earth.
5) Pentecost: God Changed His Address - As we gather on the steps of the Temple Mount, Vander Laan tells the story of how God changed His presence from Mt. Sinai, to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and finally to the person Jesus. In all three, God meets humanity in order to rredeem His "lost children." At Pentecost, God "changed His address" one last time and now His presence was in the followers of Jesus and eventually in every human heart that accepted God's kingship.
INCLUDES LEADER GUIDE & DISCOVERY GUIDE
|Age Groups:||High School; Young Adult; Adult (30-55); Adult (55+)|
|New Search||Back to previous|